Saturday, May 14, 2011

Puttering around Parque Europa!

So during the week I decided to go to a park I'd heard of in a near by town called Parque Europa.  Supposedly it had miniaturized versions of European monuments.  It all sounded cool so a friend of mine and I went after class on Wednesday.  We brought little packed lunches to enjoy and had a fantastic afternoon!

The entrance to the park.

We ate lunch along the promenade to the Eiffel Tower!
It was so much fun to wander the park and see miniature versions of monuments I'd already seen such as the David and Trevi Fountain!
 Although this was still far inferior to the one Michelangelo did.

It was also fun to see monuments of things I would be seeing!
Tower Bridge

Then of course there were the random monuments that I hadn't really heard of or have not yet seen.

 This was some strange atom structure that is in Belgium and I got very nerdy and felt the need to hug it.....my friend then felt the need to document my geeky moment.
 There were a few random things that weren't too well known.
 I enjoyed the Greek Amphitheater because I'd seen the Winged Victory in the Louvre.
 This I believe was also from Belgium? But once again it was something I'd never heard of.
 They also had a real piece of the Berlin wall.
This was a Tower from Portugal that was in a little pool with paddle boats around it...I WANT A PARK LIKE THIS IN THE UNITED STATES!

My favorites, though were the Spanish Monuments.

 There was an area that was Puerta del Sol from Madrid what was lined with different styles of Spanish houses.
Finally there was Puerta de Alcalá which stands in the middle of a round-about in Madrid facing out towards Alcalá de Henares, my town :-)

It was a wonderful, sunny afternoon to see mini monuments without having to so much as leave the province!

No comments:

Post a Comment